Monday, September 19, 2011

Morning mist!

So early in the morning I caught a bus to an unknown land,
It's a festival for eyes to see the daylight break in that holy land, so I was told,
I sat there all morning gazing at the sea and the sky,
And the sun decided to only sneak through the clouds.

Golden rays, reflecting from holy water, fell on my face, and I closed my eyes only for a while,
So shining, whole of sea was taking bath in gold,
There I sat and glanced at the 'last bit of Indian rock',
Everything seemed so far away, none so near to cause any ripples.

It must have been 'bliss' for it has lingered in my memories for so long,
Wish I could go back in time and sit there with no wishes, no regrets,
Just one last time, with no wishes and no regrets!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what you've been thinking while writing this, but it came....
    What to say.. the best of all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have actually experienced this but I did, sitting at South Most Point of India Kanyakumari as early as 5.30 am expected sunrise was 5.45 am..one of my best experiences of life.

    ReplyDelete